FREE YOUTH TRANSIT PASSStarting September 1, 2022, youth ride FREE on Pierce Transit! If you are 18 or younger, bring your Youth ORCA card, High School Student ID, or Middle School Student ID along and you’ll ride for free. Details are here.
New Retail Network Launches
ORCA is starting to sell the new version of the ORCA card at vending machines. Both classic blue and new black cards will be dispensed at vending machines through the end of the year. New black ORCA cards will become available at all locations by Fall 2022.
What you need to know:
- New ORCA cards now work system-wide. They will also begin working at retail store locations starting in October 2022.
- It's important to remember that all classic ORCA cards (standard blue, ORCA LIFT, and all Regional Reduced Fare Permits) will continue to work like normal to board transit and add value. The only change to be aware of is Safeway and Albertsons stores will stop reloading the classic cards on December 1, 2022. Only new black or new RRFP ORCA cards may be loaded at Safeway and Albertsons stores.
This means customers that rely on those stores for reloading value need to replace their cards, or reload at a QFC or Fred Meyer store or other location. More information on how to do so can be found here: https://info.myorca.com/retail/
The New ORCA Project
- Beginning on May 16, 2022, the new myORCA mobile app and myORCA.com website is making paying for transit rides in the Puget Sound region faster and easier.
- In 2022, we’re upgrading ORCA. That means a better payment experience and more choices for managing your account. You can now add value to your account in real-time, manage your account from anywhere with the myORCA App and find more retail locations closer to you. Go to www.myORCA.com to learn more.
- Mid-2022, we’re introducing a new, black ORCA card updated to the improved look and feel of the brand. Once the new cards are introduced at retail stores, you may need a new card if you’d like to continue adding E-purse value at retail stores. As new stores join the ORCA network, they will be added to the regional retailers map.
- Future updates in 2023 will include new tap-to-pay functionality launching on mobile devices, enabling riders to use their phones to pay for transit.
Quick. Convenient. Worry-free.
Visit myORCA.com to learn more.
The Smart, Easy Way To Ride The Bus, Train & Ferry
Your ORCA card works like cash or a pass, automatically tracking the value of different fares and transfers so you don't have to.
No need for correct change, just tap your ORCA at the card reader and your fare is paid. Whether you commute in the region by ferry, train, rail, or bus - or a combination - one card is all you need.
ORCA is accepted on: Community Transit, Everett Transit, King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit, Sound Transit and Washington State Ferries.
Your card can be personalized for your needs:
- A regional pass like PugetPass.
- An agency-specific pass like the Pierce Transit Adult Monthly Pass or Pierce Transit All Day Pass.
- No need for correct change, your ORCA transportation balance is called an E-purse.
- A combination pass and E-purse.
- Here’s a guide to help you set up an account. CLICK HERE
And, if you register your card, you can monitor the card and have the security of balance replacement if your card is lost or stolen. Want more info about fare products and card types?